Customer Appreciation Day details…
What: Free Barbecue Day, 20th Anniversary Edition
Where: Joe’s Real BBQ / 301 N. Gilbert Road / Gilbert, Arizona, 85234
When: Wednesday, May 2nd, 2018
11:00 AM-3:00 PM / 4:00 PM- 8:00 PM
(Closed between 3:00 PM and 4:00 PM for reset)
Shortest line will be from 2:00-3:00 for lunch. We recommend being in line by 7:00-7:15 for dinner.
Your free meal includes:
- Choice of a pulled pork or chicken breast sandwich
- Fresh homemade coleslaw, BBQ Pit Beans, chocolate chip cookie and a drink.
- There will be children’s sized sandwiches available for the little ones
Event Extras in celebration of 20 years:
- At Lunch: Local Gilbert fitness studio FunkFit will help you work off your meal with spin and workouts
- At Dinner: Local bluegrass band Romen Buffalo entertains all evening
- Zippy! Balloon artist to entertain the kids
- Only one meal per person
- Must be present to receive free meal
- No take out
- No other menu items will be offered
Food Drive: If you wish to help Open Arms Care Center, please bring cans of food (fruit in particular) or boxes of cereal. The food donations are not required for the free meal, but a great opportunity to help Open Arms help those in need. An all-volunteer non-profit center, our Gilbert Road neighbor since 2001 provides food and clothing to the homeless and less fortunate. http://www.openarmscc.com
History of Free Barbecue Day:
Free Barbecue Day has been an annual tradition since the year 2000 when owners Joe Johnston, Tim and Tad Peelen decided they wanted to do something special to give back to the community. We have given away over 83,000 free meals on customer appreciation days at the BBQ alone.